Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access and print my itinerary?
- How do I confirm my airline booking?
- How do I check the status of my flight?
- What is an e-ticket, and how do I use one?
- How will I receive my flight information?
- What if the name on my reservation is misspelled?
- If the name printed on my boarding pass is different than what appears on my legal ID, will I still be able to fly?
- Where can I reconfirm my reservation?
- How do I change/cancel a flight reservation?
- I canceled my flight. By when do I have to reschedule my flight reservation?
- I canceled my flight reservation. When will I be credited?
- What should I do if I miss my flight?
- What happens if I skip a leg of my round trip flight?
- Can I use a frequent flyer/frequent guest program?
- Can I get infant, child, or senior discounts on my flight?
- Guidelines for traveling with children
- Can an unaccompanied minor fly?
- How do I make a seat request when booking my flight?
- How can I check or change my flight seat assignment?
- How do I book a one-way, roundtrip, or multiple-destination flight?
- How early do I need to check in for my flight?
- How much carry-on baggage is allowed on my flight?
- How do I book military and bereavement fares?
- Can I hold a flight reservation for booking at a later time?
- How do I change/cancel a hotel reservation?
- How do I find a hotel with particular amenities, such as a swimming pool, pet friendliness, or Internet access?
- When will I be charged for my hotel reservation?
- Does my credit card guarantee my hotel reservation?
- I canceled my hotel reservation. When will I be credited?
- Will I be charged a night's stay if I miss my reservation or arrive late?
- What kinds of cars can I rent?
- Will the exact rental car I reserved be available for pick up?
- Is the car rental price quoted the total amount of my car rental?
- Do I need a credit card to pick up my rental car?
- How do I cancel/change a car rental reservation?
- How and when will I receive confirmation of my rental car reservation?
- When do I pay for my rental car?
- What is the age restriction for renting cars?
- How do I add activities to an existing flight, hotel, or vacation package?
- How do I change or cancel my Activities reservation?
- How do I view and print my Activities vouchers?
- What are my payment options?
- Contacting The Travel Center
How do I access and print my itinerary?You can access your itinerary by going to "My Trips" and clicking on the View Details link or print directly from your email confirmation.
How do I confirm my airline booking?As soon as the booking process is complete, we will send an email to the address entered during check-out to confirm your booking.
How do I check the status of my flight?Before you leave for the airport, check to see that your flight is leaving or arriving on time by checking directly with the airline's Web site. Get the scheduled and estimated arrival and departure times, through the Reservation Details section under "My Trips".
What is an e-ticket, and how do I use one?Electronic tickets, or e-tickets, are offered by many major airlines and allow you to travel without a paper ticket, eliminating the worry of leaving your tickets behind. An e-ticket confirms your airline ticket purchase without requiring a paper record; the only record of an e-ticket sale is in electronic form in the airline's computer system. When you buy e-tickets through The Travel Center, you receive a confirmation of your purchase via email.
When flying with an e-ticket, you are required to provide a government issued photo ID. You need to check in at the airline's check-in counter, a self-check-in kiosk at the airport, or online at the airline's Web site to receive a boarding pass for your flight.
Please note: It is recommended that you check your itinerary online within 24 hours of your scheduled departure to ensure that your flight information has not changed.
How will I receive my flight information?When you complete your booking, you will receive an email that includes your itinerary information, your itinerary number, and your flight confirmation code. The Travel Center does not mail out paper confirmation, receipts, or tickets, but we recommend printing out your itinerary and confirmation numbers. When you check in for your flight, give the ticket agent your name and flight number, or provide a printed copy of your itinerary and confirmation code. You must always provide a government-issued photo ID.
What if the name on my reservation is misspelled?For security reasons, it's important that the name on your travel reservation matches the name on your government-issued photo ID. Please make sure that the name you book your travel under is spelled the same as the name on your ID.
If there is a misspelling on your flight reservation, please call The Travel Center at the number listed on your itinerary so the mistake can be corrected. Most airlines allow corrections of misspellings on their tickets, as well as corrections of nicknames (e.g. William instead of Bill, Elizabeth instead of Liz). Most airlines, however, will not allow major spelling corrections.
Please note: Name change requests are treated the same as reservation change requests and may incur a fee.
If the name printed on my boarding pass is different than what appears on my legal ID, will I still be able to fly?To avoid delays at the time of travel, it's important that the name on your itinerary and boarding pass matches the name on the government-issued photo ID you will use when traveling. If the name on your ticket no longer matches your government-issued photo ID due to marriage, divorce, or legal name change process through the courts, you will need to arrive at the airport early and present the legal documents with proof of the name change (e.g. a marriage certificate) at the airline counter.
Please note: Women changing their maiden names after marriage should continue traveling under their maiden name until their passport and government-issued IDs are updated with their married name.
Where can I reconfirm my reservation?Flight reservations should be reconfirmed with the airline directly at least 24 hours prior to departure for domestic flights (72 hours for flights to Hawaii and international destinations). Many airlines offer online check-in where you can confirm your seat, verify flight times, and print your boarding pass.
How do I change/cancel a flight reservation?If you need to change/cancel your flight arrangements, you can call The Travel Center at the number listed on your itinerary.
I canceled my flight. By when do I have to reschedule my flight reservation?Please check your itinerary confirmation about the specific rules and restrictions for rescheduling your flight. If the ticket allows changes, but is non-refundable, you will generally have 12 months from the time the ticket was booked (not canceled) to rebook the flight, less any cancellation fees imposed by the airline. The new ticket must be with the same airline and for the same passenger as the original ticket.
I canceled my flight reservation. When will I be credited?If your ticket is fully refundable, in most cases, you should see a credit on your next billing cycle or on your card's billing statement within 30 days of the request for credit. If you do not see the proper credit, call The Travel Center at the number listed on your itinerary.
What should I do if I miss my flight?If you miss your flight, take your boarding pass, ticket, or reservation confirmation to the airline ticket counter to ask for assistance. Some airlines may put you on stand-by for the next available flight.
What happens if I skip a leg of my round trip flight?If you skip any leg of your trip, your entire itinerary may be cancelled, including your connecting flight and/or your return flight(s). This may result in the purchase of a more costly one-way ticket to get you to your or return you from your final destination. You need to contact the airline's customer service center to discuss your options if you miss a leg of your flight.
Can I use a frequent flyer/frequent guest program?Most flight, hotel, or car reservations that you book through this site can help you earn points on your Frequent Flyer/Frequent Guest program. You can enter your program name and membership number as you make your reservation.
If your frequent flyer program offers mileage for hotel stays, be sure to check with the airline to confirm that you are credited the appropriate miles. Also, be sure that the name on your Frequent Flyer/Guest program membership matches the name on your ticket and reservation.
Can I get infant, child, or senior discounts on my flight?Some airlines offer discounted fares for infants, children, and seniors. Discounts vary by airline, flight, and seat availability. They also vary by the traveler's age. These discounts are not necessarily labeled as discounts through The Travel Center, but they are included in search results if the traveler's age is specified.
Please note: that airlines require children who will be 2 years old for any flight segment of your trip have a seat ticket for that flight.
Guidelines for traveling with children
- Children are travelers age 2 through 17. Most airlines charge full fare for children.
- Infants are children under age 2. Each traveler over the age of 18 may accompany up to two infants, each seated in its own seat, or one infant seated in the traveler's lap. For domestic flights, children under the age of 2 do not need an airline ticket if they sit on an adult's lap Please be aware that airlines permit only one lap infant per adult traveler. If you do not want your child to sit on your lap, you need to book a separate ticket for the child.
- On international flights, an infant must have a ticket, even if the infant sits on an adult's lap. In addition, full standard departure, arrival, passenger, airport, and security taxes apply to all infants.
If you are traveling round-trip and your child is turning 2 years old during your trip, he/she will need a ticketed seat for the flight segment that is on or after his/her birthday.
Many airlines will allow you to check a child's stroller outside of their regular baggage restrictions and free of charge. Please check with your airline for their specific policies. When going through airport security, you need to fold up your stroller and send it through the scanner with your other belongings.
Can an unaccompanied minor fly?The Travel Center will not book tickets for unaccompanied children younger than 15.
How do I make a seat request when booking my flight?As you book your flight, you can make requests for seating. For some flights you can request window or aisle seating, and on others you will be able to select a specific seat using the Seat Map tool. Once seats are assigned, they are included in your itinerary information and stored in "My Trips" under View Details, as well as in confirmation emails.
Although the Travel Center passes seat requests to the airlines, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored.
- The Seat Map tool is not available for all flights.
- Policies on advanced seating vary by airline. Some airlines assign seats immediately, others may only assign seats 90 days before the flight, and some airlines assign seats on the day of the flight.
- For special seat assignments, such as seats for travelers with special needs, please call the airline directly.
- Special seat requests may override frequent flyer and full price, unrestricted fare premium seating.
- In circumstances where the airline changes the aircraft, the airline will issue a new seat assignment.
How can I check or change my flight seat assignment?Once the airline assigns your seat, it is included in your itinerary information. You can access it in "My Trips" under itinerary details, as well as in confirmation emails.
You can go to "My Trips" to view or change your seat assignment at any time. Here's how to view or change a seat in your itinerary:
- Go to "My Trips" and open the reservation you would like to view.
- Your seat assignment is listed for each flight segment.
- To change your seat assignment, choose the Seat Map link within the segment you want.
How do I book a one-way, roundtrip, or multiple-destination flight?When searching for flights from the home page or the Flight search page, you can choose from the following flight types:
- Roundtrip means you fly from one location to another, and then back to the first location. Roundtrip flights may include charter fares.
- One way means you fly from one location to another, and will not return to the first location. One-way flights may include charter fares.
- Multiple destinations means you visit several locations and therefore need to choose flights between each of the locations. You cannot book charter fares on multiple-destination tickets.
How early do I need to check in for my flight?Check with the airline you are traveling on for specific check-in requirements. You should allow more time if you're traveling out of a major airport during peak periods. Some airlines offer curbside check-in or self-service e-ticket kiosks.
How much carry-on baggage is allowed on my flight?Airlines have different policies for baggage allowances. Generally, you will be allowed to take one (1) carry-on bag and one (1) personal item (such as a purse or briefcase) on board with you. The maximum size carry-on bag for most airlines is 45 linear inches (the total of the height, width, and depth of the bag). Anything larger must be checked. Check with the individual airlines for their policy and fees for checked luggage.
How do I book military and bereavement fares?Currently, the Travel Center is unable to process discounts for military personnel or bereavement.
Can I hold a flight reservation for booking at a later time?This site does not hold or reserve a selected fare for booking at a later date.
How do I change/cancel a hotel reservation?If you need to change/cancel your hotel arrangements, please call the Travel Center at the number listed on your itinerary. There may be change or cancellation fees depending on what type of fare you have purchased.
How do I find a hotel with particular amenities, such as a swimming pool, pet friendliness, or Internet access?You can narrow your destination hotel search results to show only hotels with the amenities you prefer by selecting the Additional Preferences check box at the bottom of the Quick Trip Search box or you can select the Refine Results tab under the "Modify Results" box within a destination.
When will I be charged for my hotel reservation?You are charged at the time of booking.
Does my credit card guarantee my hotel reservation?Yes, your hotel reservation is held until the date you check in, whether or not your card is charged. Please see the specific rules and regulations for the hotel you are booking.
I canceled my hotel reservation. When will I be credited?If your hotel reservation is refundable, you should see a credit on your next billing cycle or on your billing statement within 30 days of the request for credit. If you do not see the proper credit, call The Travel Center at the number listed on your itinerary.
Will I be charged a night's stay if I miss my reservation or arrive late?You could be charged a penalty fee by the hotel, depending on their cancellation policy. It is recommended that you check the hotel's cancellation and late arrival policy. Please note: If you fail to notify the hotel about a late arrival, your reservation may be canceled.
What kinds of cars can I rent?The following car types are generally available: Economy car, Compact car, Mid-size car, Standard car, Full-size car, Premium car, Luxury car, Minivan, Mid-size SUV, Standard SUV, Full-size SUV, Premium SUV, Standard SUV, Full-size SUV, Premium SUV, Standard convertible, Full-size van, Special van, Standard van. Car rental companies carry a variety of makes and models for each car type listed above. Our Web site includes a full description of each car type, including the typical number of passengers and pieces of luggage each will accommodate. Please note: Neither The Travel Center nor the rental car companies are able to guarantee the specific make or model you will receive at the rental counter, or whether or not a non-smoking car will be available. Requests for non-smoking vehicles should be made at the rental counter. Some rental car companies have initiated a smoking ban for all vehicles, and are charging fines for violations. Check with your rental car company about their policy regarding smoking in your vehicle.
Will the exact rental car I reserved be available for pick up?The Travel Center passes on all the details of your car rental reservation to the car rental company, but we do not have information on which cars are available on any given date. While we cannot guarantee that the rental car company will have the exact car model you requested available at pick-up, the rental company should be able to provide a vehicle of the same size and class as you requested.
Is the car rental price quoted the total amount of my car rental?The car rental price quoted is an estimated total. State and local taxes and airport fees are included. Those taxes and fees are subject to change. If an estimated total is not available, only the base rate will be displayed. If you require more detail for your reservation, please contact the rental car rental company directly and provide the agent with the confirmation number. If your rental car is part of a vacation package reservation, the quoted total price is final.
Do I need a credit card to pick up my rental car?Some rental car companies only accept credit cards, but some will let you pick up your car with a debit card. You may reserve a car using a debit card so long as it is a Visa or MasterCard branded debit card (with a CVV # on the back)
How do I cancel/change a car rental reservation?If you need to change/cancel your car arrangements, please call the Travel Center at the number listed on your itinerary. There may be change or cancellation fees depending on what type of fare you have purchased.
How and when will I receive confirmation of my rental car reservation?We will send you a confirmation email as soon as you complete your booking. If you have not received your rental car confirmation, check your junk mail or spam folders. You can also confirm your car rental reservation via the "My Trips" link at the top right corner of every page.
When do I pay for my rental car?You pay for your car at the time of rental. Your card will not be charged at the time of booking your reservation.
What is the age restriction for renting cars?The minimum age for renting a car varies by rental company. For most, renters need to be 25 or older. Check with your rental company to find out their restriction.
How do I add activities to an existing flight, hotel, or vacation package?If you have already reserved your flight, hotel, or vacation package, but want to add activities to your itinerary, you have three options:
- After you select a flight, hotel, car or package, you will see your Trip Cart as a pop-up window - from there you can select an activity.
- You may book activities and attractions before or after you have reserved your flight, hotel, or package. Click on the Activities tab, enter your destination and travel dates, and click the Show Options button.
How do I change or cancel my Activities reservation?Some Activities can be cancelled or rescheduled within 48 hours of the scheduled start of your trip at no additional charge. However, please note that some Activity vendors have a "no cancellation" policy. Please check the specific change, cancellation and refund policies with each Activity before you book. Please call The Travel Center at the phone number listed on your itinerary if you have any questions on whether you can reschedule or cancel your Activity.
How do I view and print my Activities vouchers?To print the vouchers for your booked Activity, simply click the link in your email confirmation. You must print all vouchers and take them with you on your trip. Each activity you book will have its own voucher, and one voucher per person is required unless otherwise noted. Your voucher is your proof of purchase; service may not be rendered if you do not present one unique voucher per person at the time of your activity. You must take your voucher with you and present it at the redemption location indicated on the voucher. Vouchers are valid only for the listed travelers.
Please note: You will receive a personalized voucher for each tour, event or service booked. You will be given access to a link to view and print your voucher(s). You must provide the original, authentic voucher to the appropriate service provider in order to redeem your tour, ticket, or package. Your reservation cannot be honored or redeemed without presenting a valid voucher. For security purposes, when redeeming your voucher you must present a valid Photo ID and sign the voucher.
What are my payment options?You can pay for your online travel reservation with a credit or debit card. Most airlines, hotels, and cruise lines accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and debit cards. When booking your reservation, please make sure you have sufficient daily spending limits so your credit card company/bank will not block your account.
Contacting The Travel CenterAll inquiries concerning changes or cancellations must be made through The Travel Center by calling the phone number listed at the top of your confirmation email.